Last Updated: October 20, 2015
The term “personal data” or “personal information” refers to personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, organization, email address or mailing address, and any other information that is identified with you personally.
Changes to This Policy
Information Collected Through the Site
The Site may collect personal information from you. Specifically, the Site may collect personal information in connection with your request to receive communications from What It’s Worth or request copies of the publications offered on the Site. In order to process such requests, the Partners may collect your name, organization address, and email address.
In addition to information that you voluntarily share on the Site, the Partners may also collect information generated by a web browser, including but not limited to browser type, IP address, operating system, the date and time of a visit, the pages visited on the Site, the time spent viewing the Site, and return visits to the Site, and aggregated information as you browse the Site.
Use of Information Collected Through the Site
The Partners may use the information collected from you:
- To operate the Site, help improve the content and functionality of the Site, conduct research, and improve your experience with the Site;
- To respond to your request for more information and/or to speak with a member of the Partners’ team;
- To identify or remediate possible threats to the Site’s security; and
- To contact you in the future to tell you about content that the Partners believe will be of interest to you, for example events, news, or new articles. To opt out of receiving future communications from the Partners or What It’s Worth, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharing of Your Information
The Partners may share information about you as follows:
- With partners and agents who assist the Partners in the administration of the Site or events or activities related to the publications made available on the Site, and then only to the extent necessary to implement the event or activity, and only if the partners and agents are under an obligation not to sell or share your information.
- With nonaffiliated third parties as required or permitted by law, or to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities (e.g., government and regulatory organizations such as the Internal Revenue Service, the Securities and Exchange Commission, as well as self-regulatory organizations of which the Partners may be a member, to states where the Partners may be registered, and to parties under court order or subpoena that request this information);
- With non-affiliated companies in order to protect against actual or potential fraud, unauthorized transactions, or to protect the security of the Partners’ records and systems, unless prohibited by law;
- With non-affiliated third parties at your direction or for which you have provided your express consent;
Except as described herein, information that is collected from the Site is not sold or shared with any individual or organization.
Links to Third Party Sites
This Site is cookie-enabled to give you a more customized user experience. A cookie is a small piece of information that a website can store on a computer and later use to recognize a user. A purpose of cookies is to enhance your ability to receive the information you want. Users can personalize their browser settings to reject cookies, although certain features of the Site may not function as intended.
The Partners take reasonable measures to help maintain the information collect through the Site in a secure manner.
Effective: October 20, 2015
- LICENSE GRANT
- USER OBLIGATIONS
- PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
- LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEB SITES
Links on the Site to third party web sites (collectively, Third Party Sites”) are provided solely as a convenience to you. These Third Party Sites have not necessarily been reviewed by the Partners and are owned, controlled and/or maintained solely by third parties over whom the Partners exercises no control. Such links do not constitute or imply an endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation by the Partners of the third party, the Third Party Site, or the information contained therein. The Partners are not responsible for the availability of any such Third Party Sites. The Partners hereby expressly disclaim and are not responsible or liable for any Third Party Site or the content thereon.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
The Partners make no express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever, with respect to the Site or the Content. The Partners expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, with regard to the Site, the Content, and any product or service furnished, or to be furnished via the Site. The Partners do not warrant that the functions performed by the Site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, or that defects in the Site will be corrected. The Partners do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the Content, or that any errors in the Content will be corrected. The Site and the Content are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and your reliance on any information provided on the Site is at your own risk.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You expressly absolve and release the Partners from any claim of harm resulting from a cause beyond the Partners’ control, including, but not limited to, failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other connection problems, computer viruses, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes, or natural disasters, strikes, or other labor problems, wars, or governmental restrictions. Moreover, and to the maximum extent permitted by law, In no event will the Partners be liable for any incidental, punitive, consequential, special, exemplary or other indirect damages arising out of or in any way connected with the use of the Site and the Content, any communications or interactions with third parties made by your utilizATION OF the Site or Content, with the delay or inability to use the Site or Content, or for any information, software, functionality, and materials available through the Site whether based on contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise even if the Partners have been advised of the possibility of such damages. In addition, the total liability of the Partners for any reason whatsoever related to the use of the Site and the Content shall, in no event, exceed $100.00.
The What It’s Worth website encourages constructive dialogue and comments that advance civil discourse. Any postings (collectively, “Submissions”) by you through the Site that are received by the Partners will be deemed to include a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, sub-licensable and non-exclusive right and license for the Partners to adopt, publish, reproduce, disseminate, transmit, distribute, copy, use, create derivative works, and display (in whole or in part) worldwide, or act on any such Submission, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content, and you hereby waive any claim to the contrary.
You also acknowledge that your Submissions to social media or other publicly available messaging areas are non-confidential for all purposes, and you represent that you have all rights and permission necessary to submit, display, or make available any content in your Submission. Moreover, you agree that by using the Site you will not post or transmit any of the following materials on the Site:
- comments that advertise or solicit business,
- anything that is unlawful, profane, abusive, defamatory, threatening, offensive, hateful, or in any way infringes or violates the rights of others,
- anything, which interferes with or disrupts the Site
- anything, which is contrary to the interests of the Partners and its contributors
- anything, which may damage, lessen, or harm the goodwill or reputation of the Partners, its contributors and its services,
- anything, which violates any law or encourages anti-competitive behavior,
- anything, which involves the impersonation of any other person or entity,
- anything, which is inaccurate, off-topic, irrelevant, or inappropriate for the purposes of the Sites, and
- GOVERNING LAW
- TERM AND TERMINATION
- WAIVER AND SEVERABILITY
- GENERAL PROVISIONS